German Festival Soup
How good is this German Festival Soup? Sehr gut!
- 1 (19 ounce) package JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats
- 2 gallons pork or beef stock
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 rutabagas, (1 1/4 pounds each), peeled and julienned
- 2 turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 acorn squash, cleaned, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 2/3 cups quick cooking barley
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or whole kernel corn
- 1/2 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill brats according to package directions and cut into 1/4-inch coin-slice pieces. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot, bring broth to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer until vegetables and barley are tender, about 25 minutes.
Yield: 10-12 servings | Prep: 15 min | Cook: 25 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.