German Honey Cookies
These cookies keep almost forever in a sealed container. They become softer and
chewier over a period of time. They are perfect for dunking in your tea or coffee.
- 1 1/3 cups honey
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup candied fruit
or dried fruit chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment
paper, set aside.
- Warm honey in saucepan, stir in sugar until melted. Let cool.
- Sift together flour and spices.
- Place honey mixture in mixing bowl and gradually
add flour mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in fruits.
- Roll dough about 1/4-inch thick on a floured board, cut into squares and rectangles
with a pastry wheel or sharp knife or drop cookie dough by teaspoonful.
- Bake for 10
- Remove from oven and cool.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.