German Marble Cake
Here is a delicious cake which I make often and also when I had my bakery. This
cake is almost like a pound cake.
- 1 cup sweet butter (do not substitute)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt or 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs first and
then add the milk and almond extract mixing well.
- In a bowl, with a wire whisk stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
Beat the dry mixture into the creamed mix until combined.
- Remove half of the batter to a bowl and stir the cocoa and rum.
- Alternate large globs of the white and chocolate batter around the tube pan,
then gently swirl the two batters together.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes (depending on your oven) or until it pulls
away slightly from the sides of pan and a tester inserted in the center comes out
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine on 1/2/2002, 4:09 pm.
Note: I like to take some melted bittersweet chocolate and lightly drizzle it
over the top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes