German Pork Chops in Onion Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup room temperature German beer (such as Beck's Dark)
- 1 1/2 cups hot beef broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Dredge chops in flour, shaking off any
excess. Reserve 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry pork chops 3 minutes on
each side. Remove chops from skillet and set aside.
- Sauté onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved flour and stir into vegetable mixture. Pour in beer and beef stock.
- Return chops to the skillet, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 1 hour
or until chops are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite German side dishes such as potato salad, boiled potatoes,
cabbage or Brussels sprouts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes