German Pork Roast (Schweinebraten)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch of marjoram
- Pinch of basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless loin pork roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water or light beer
- Combine salt, marjoram, basil, pepper and garlic powder. Rub all over roast.
Place roast in roasting pan and surround with onions. Pour water or beer into pan.
- Cover and roast at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Turn roast over in pan. Roast uncovered another 2 hours, checking about every
30 minutes, adding more liquid when needed. Roast is done when internal temperature
reaches 180 degrees F.
- Make gravy with pan juices, if desired.
Makes about 8 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes