German Sauerkraut Rolls
- 1 1/2 large cans sauerkraut
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup shortening or oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Drain juice from kraut.
- In skillet, heat oil or shortening; stir in kraut; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry for about 20 minutes, or until browned; cool.
- Mix flour and salt. Add eggs and water. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic,
like noodle dough.
- On floured board, roll to 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread cooled kraut on top; roll up jellyroll style. Slice cross-wise; place cut pieces into frying
- Cover with a small amount of water; add salt. Cook over medium heat for one
For added flavor, place hot dogs or Polish sausage around dough.