German Skillet Dinner
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of oregano
- 1 small can sauerkraut, drained
- 2/3 cup regular uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small can tomatoes, cut up, plus liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Brown ground meat, pepper and oregano. Remove from skillet and remove any fat.
- Heat a couple tablespoons of butter and spread the sauerkraut over butter in the
- Sprinkle in the rice and chopped onion.
- Top with the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes (with their liquid) and tomato sauce. Cook, covered,
over low heat, for 30 minutes. DO NOT STIR.