Kohlrouladen (Cabbage Roll-Ups)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of summer savory
- Mix the beef and pork in a bowl.
- Soak the bread slices in the milk and shred.
- Mix with the meat, onions, and most of the ketchup, reserving 2 tablespoons.
in the eggs and season. Mix well together.
- Drop 6 to 8 cabbage leaves into boiling, salted water and cook until tender.
- Remove; fill with meat mixture, roll up, and fasten with wooden picks.
- Place in
greased casserole, cover, and bake at 400 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.