Krautbrot (Cabbage Bread)
- 1 recipe bread dough (for one loaf)
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely grated
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Brown beef and add vegetable broth. Let simmer until vegetable broth is almost
- Add cabbage and cook until wilted. Drain off any remaining liquid.
- Roll bread dough thin and cut into 6-inch squares.
- Place 3 to 4 tablespoons of the ground beef
and cabbage mix in the middle of the squares. Pinch together along edges.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a 375 degrees F oven for about 20 minutes.