- Maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 3 cups flour
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 pound sweet butter
- 1/2 pound sifted confectioners' sugar (2 cups)
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Reserve 1 yolk for brushing.
- In large bowl, beat 7 egg yolks till fluffy; add butter and sugar, beat well.
Add flour and lemon rind. Mix well. Chill.
- Form into balls. Brush with reserved slightly beaten egg yolk. Gently push a
piece of cherry into cookie center.
- Bake at 375 degrees F till light brown, about 8-10 minutes.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/29/2001 5:42 am