This is a classic Austrian cheese spread. It is traditionally served with pumpernickel
or rye bread.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste or finely chopped anchovies
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly
- Serve with rye or pumpernickel bread, crackers or fresh vegetables.
Makes about 1 cup to serve 6 to 8 as an appetizer.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes