Little Salzburger Souffles (Salzburger Nockerln)
Another serving idea is to set these in a pool of custard sauce or serve with
crushed fresh berries.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in large mixer bowl until foamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; continue beating until stiff and glossy.
Do not under-beat.
- Beat egg yolks in small mixer bowl until thick and lemon colored,
about 3 minutes.
- Beat in flour and lemon peel.
- Carefully fold egg yolk mixture into meringue.
- Spoon meringue mixture into 6 separate mounds in baking dish.
- Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Separate mounds by gently pushing them apart with backs of two
- Serve immediately with sweetened sliced strawberries if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes