Molded Strawberry Dessert (Erdbeeren Elisabeth)
This German dessert is made of "earth berries."
- 4 cups strawberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- Reserve a few strawberries for garnish.
- Mash remaining strawberries; stir in
sugar and kirsch.
- Sprinkle gelatin on cold water to soften; stir in boiling water
until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir gelatin mixture into strawberries.
stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon,
about 45 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into strawberry
- Pour into 6-cup mold or 8 dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate until firm, about
4 hours; unmold.
- Garnish with reserved strawberries and, if desired, whipped cream.
Yields 8 servings.