Pork Chops with Knockwurst
(Schweinskoteletten mit Knackwurst und Kortoffeln)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 pork loin or rib chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 6 ounces knockwurst, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- Trim excess fat from pork. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot. Cook pork over
medium heat until brown on both sides, about 15 minutes; remove pork.
- Cook and stir onion, carrot, celery, pickles and knockwurst in skillet until
onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange pork on vegetable mixture; sprinkle with caraway seed, salt and pepper.
Pour water over pork.
- Arrange potato slices on top. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until pork and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with minced parsley or chives if desired.
Yields 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes