Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
(Schweinekotelett auf Sauerkraut)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sauerkraut (rinsed and squeezed dry)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a casserole and sauté the onions until golden brown.
- Add the sauerkraut and broth and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the wine, green pepper, bay leaves, paprika and white pepper and simmer 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a skillet.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with
salt and pepper and sauté over medium heat about 15 minutes on each side until golden
brown and done.
- Arrange the chops on top of the sauerkraut in the casserole.
- Serve with broiled tomatoes, and corn on the cob or boiled potatoes.
Posted by olga at Recipe Goldmine 2005/3/16 12:12.
Source: World's Best Recipes