Raspberry Linzer Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups seedless raspberry preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Beat butter and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl until blended
(use a pastry cutter).
- Add flour and work it with your hands until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press dough into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.
Crust will not brown.
- Topping: Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in the crust bowl.
- Cut butter into 8 or 10 pieces, adding it to the flour.
- Cut the butter into the mixture until it is crumbly.
- Add egg yolks and stir to blend (topping will still be clumpy, but moist).
- Filling: Spread the preserves over the crust. (When the crust comes out of oven, spoon
preserves on top; warmth of crust will let you spread, doesn't have to be perfectly
- Crumble topping over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Topping should be golden.
- Cut into small rectangles.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.