Raspberry Tartlets (Austria)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Raspberry jam
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar.
- Beat in egg and extracts.
- Blend in flour and salt. Chill.
- Roll dough 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 1 3/4-inch
round cookie cutter. Cut small hole in center of half of the cookies.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F about 8 minutes. Cool.
- Dip cookies with hole in confectioners' sugar.
- Spread bottom of whole cookies with a thin layer of raspberry jam.
- Cover with the sugar-coated cookies, pressing the two together to make a sandwich.
Makes about 6 1/2 dozen.