Schweine Braten (Marinated Pork Steak)
I am in the service and spent 5 years in Germany. This comes from the Eiffel
region and is quite popular. I have made it for several friends and it is the absolute
best piece of pork you have ever put in your mouth.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 ounces paprika
- 2 ounces salt
- 1 ounce pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Pork tenderloin steaks, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Sliced onions
- Mix all spices in a zip-type bag.
- Oil both sides of meat. Lightly coat both sides of oiled meat with seasonings.
- Put a layer of sliced onions in bottom of bag, and then put a layer of seasoned
- Add another layer of sliced onion on top of meat.
- Repeat until meat is gone or bag is full.
- Squeeze all excess air out of bag and seal.
- Put bag into refrigerator for three to five days.
- Cook on the grill or broil in the oven.
Source: Submitted to recipegoldmine.com by Rich DeGraw
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes