A favorite in German homes!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients into first mixture.
- Roll dough into walnut-size balls.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.