Sour Cherry Soup
Sometimes this soup is thickened by boiling spaetzle in the broth.
- 2 pints sour cherries, pitted
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 egg yolks
- Rind of 1 lemon, grated
- Stew the cherries gently in the wine with the sugar and spices until the cherries
- Remove cinnamon and cloves.
- Puree 1/2 cup of the cherries with 1 cup of
the liquid and the egg yolks (beaten with a little of the hot liquid first) and
return to the pan.
- Add the lemon rind and taste for seasoning.
- Serve cold or hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes