- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 2 eggs lightly
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 quarts chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add eggs and milk; stir to mix well
(batter will be thick).
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring chicken broth or water to a boil. Drop
batter by 1/2 teaspoonsful into boiling liquid. Boil until spaetzle rise to the
surface; remove to ice water. Drain well.
- In a skillet, heat spaetzle in butter until lightly browned.
- Serve with schnitzel and gravy or with parmesan cheese.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 28, 2001.