Sweet and Sour Ribs
Everyone who tastes this requests the recipe. It's really different from
the sweet and sour pork you get at Chinese restaurants. This recipe is from my grandmother
and was originally written to be made in an electric fry pan. I usually just brown
the meat in a fry pan and then throw it in the crockpot with the sauce and let it
cook on low heat all afternoon. But here it is as originally written:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 pounds country style pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat fry pan to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ribs in shortening till golden brown. Reduce heat to simmer or about 212
- Mix together garlic, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger. Pour
half of mixture over ribs. Braise for about 1 1/2 hours. Pour remainder of sauce
over for last hour.
Approximate time: 3 hours
Posted by kccaid at Recipe Goldmine 6/15/01 11:42:20 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes