(Cottage Cheese Dumplings — Austria)
- 1/4 cup butter (NOT margarine)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups dry curd cottage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Melted butter
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter and stir into egg yolks until creamy.
- Scoop the dry curd
cottage cheese into your blender or food processor and make into a puree.
into egg yolk mixture with salt.
- Beat egg whites until they will hold a peak and
fold gently into the cheese mixture.
- Add enough flour to make stiff batter.
a deep pan of water to a gentle boil and add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Drop dumplings into
boiling water and cook until they rise to the surface.
- Drain and serve with melted
These can also be served with fruit for brunch or dessert.