- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed zwieback crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cheesecake: Mix softened cream cheese with 1 cup sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while stirring.
- Add vanilla extract and salt.
- Mix crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Pat in bottom of a 9-inch springform
- Pour in filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool. Spread with Pineapple Topping. Chill.
- Remove outer ring to serve.
- Pineapple Topping: Combine crushed pineapple, sugar, pineapple juice and
cornstarch. Cook over moderate heat, stirring until thick.
- Add egg and butter. Cook, stirring, a few more minutes.