This is an old German dish.
- 1 chicken hen
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Water to cover
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Chicken: Cook chicken until tender. Remove meat from bones and cut it into small pieces.
Add to broth. Moisten bread crumbs with brown butter. Make noodle dough.
- Noodles: Sift flour and salt together. Make a well in flour and add eggs and water. Mix
- Roll stiff dough out in oblong shape, moisten with chicken fat and spread
with the buttered crumbs. Roll as for a jellyroll and cut in 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring chicken and broth to a boil and drop in pieces of dough. Add minced parsley.
Cover and cook slowly for 20 minutes, then serve.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes