Zuricher Geschnetzeltes (Ute's Dish — German)
- 1 (2 pound) round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Small jar chopped mushrooms
- Flour and water
- Parsley (fresh)
- Brown steak slowly in margarine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a flour and water paste and add slowly to browned steak. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add whipping cream to mixture and simmer slowly again about 5 minutes or until warmed.
- Before serving, add chopped mushrooms and parsley.
- Serve the real German way with hash brown potatoes, or serve over rice.
Serves 4 to 6.