Bannock Bread (Scottish)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup water to make a thick dough
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix dry ingredients together well. Cut in the shortening using a pastry blender.
- Mix in the water and knead until the dough is very smooth, about 15 minutes.
- Grease a cast iron frying pan, including the sides, and press the dough into
- Bake on top of the stove over low heat. Watch carefully so that the bread
does not brown or burn before the center is cooked.
- When the bread is free from
the pan, turn the loaf over and continue to cook. The total cooking time will be
about 10 minutes on each side.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes