- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fine granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 15 ounces milk
- Beat the egg yolks and blend in the sifted flour, sugar and salt.
- Add in
melted butter and milk to make a thin batter about the consistency of thin cream.
- Beat the egg whites to the soft peak stages and quickly add to the batter, folding
with a knife or metal spoon.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or a frying pan and
pour in large spoonsful of the batter.
- Each crumpet should spread thinly to about 4 to 5-inches in diameter, and you may
have to roll the pan to achieve this.
- When the batter is brown underneath and slightly bubbly on top, turn and cook
on the other side.
- Keep them warm by stacking on a clean tea towel, and eat soon
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.