Roast Fresh Ham with Onion Stuffing (Wales)
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork leg (fresh ham)
- 3 cups water
- 6 medium
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spread pork flat; sprinkle lightly with salt. Heat water to boiling; add onions.
Cook for 5 minutes; drain.
- Mix onions and remaining ingredients. Spread half of onion mixture on pork; roll
up. Fasten with metal skewers.
- Place pork, fat side down, on rack in shallow roasting
- Spoon any remaining stuffing over top of pork. Insert meat thermometer so tip
is in center of thickest part of pork and does not rest in stuffing.
- Roast uncovered
at 325 degrees F until thermometer registers 170 degrees F, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.