Scottish Honey Scones
These are served at tea time in Scotland.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter,
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Mix the flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter with a fork, stirring well. The
mixture will be crumbly.
- Beat the egg lightly and stir in honey. Add to the flour
- Stir in the raisins.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Flour a surface. Roll the out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of
1/2-inch. Cut out the scones with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
- Brush the top of each
scone lightly with milk.
- Grease a cookie sheet and sprinkle it with flour.
the scones 1 inch apart.
- Bake until the tops are browned, about 10 minutes.
to a rack to cool.
Serves 16 to 18.