Scottish Honey Scones
These are served at tea time in Scotland.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix the flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter with a fork, stirring well. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Beat the egg lightly and stir in honey. Add to the flour mixture.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Flour a surface. Roll the out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of
1/2-inch. Cut out the scones with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
- Brush the top of each scone lightly with milk.
- Grease a cookie sheet and sprinkle it with flour.
- Place the scones 1 inch apart.
- Bake until the tops are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Serves 16 to 18.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes