Scottish Skillet Potatoes (Stovies)
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat, butter or margarine
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup water
- Heat bacon fat in skillet until hot.
- Layer half each of the potato and onion
slices in skillet.
- Sprinkle with half each of the salt, pepper and parsley. Repeat.
- Add water. Cover and simmer over low heat until potatoes are tender and liquid is
absorbed, about 30 minutes, adding water if necessary.
Yields 6 servings.