- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Chill, covered, for 1 hour.
- Roll dough 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2 1/2-inch
rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes or until very light brown.
Makes about 70 cookies.