Stuffed Prunes with Bacon
- 24 dried pitted prunes
- 24 walnut halves
- 1/2 cup ruby port
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 slices bacon
- Stuff each prune with walnut half.
- Mix port and water; pour over prunes in bowl.
Let stand, stirring occasionally, until prunes are plump, about 2 hours.
- Cut bacon slices into halves. Wrap bacon around prunes; secure with wooden picks.
- Arrange on rack in broiler pan.
- Set oven to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Broil with tops
about 4 inches from heat, turning once, until bacon is crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.