This is a classic British dish consisting of a Yorkshire pudding batter with
pre-cooked sausages in it.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound small link pork sausages
- 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Place the butter and sausages in a 12-inch roasting pan or cast-iron skillet
and bake in a preheated 400 degres F oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour into a bowl and beat in the egg.
- Add half the milk
slowly, beating until the batter is smooth, then add the remaining half of the milk
and beat until very smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the sausages and bake
for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 10 to 15
minutes, until the batter rises up the sides of the pan and turns golden brown.
Serves 4 to 6.