- 6 ounces pastry crust for 9-inch plate or tin
- 2 level tablespoons fresh white
- 2 level tablespoons black treacle plus 1 level tablespoon golden syrup or 3 level tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 level teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Line plate or tin with pastry. Mix bread crumbs with other ingredients. Spread
over pastry, leaving a 1-inch edge, if using a plate.
- Moisten edges with cold water
and arrange remaining pastry in thin strips to make a criss-cross design. Press
firmly to edges and bake in the centre of a moderate oven (200 degrees C, 400 degrees
F or Gas No. 6 for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Serve with fresh cream, sour cream, natural yogurt or custard.
Shared with Recipe Goldmine by Sheelagh Ernst - Germany.