Trout with Bacon
(Brythyll a Chig Moch — Wales)
Serve this with carrots and peas as the English do.
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 drawn whole trout (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- Minced parsley
- Arrange bacon in single layer in broiler pan.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle inside of fish with 2 tablespoons parsley, salt and pepper.
- Arrange fish in single layer on bacon in pan. Cover and cook until fish
flakes easily with fork, about 20 minutes.
- Split fish down center along backbone; remove as many bones as possible.
- Serve each fish with 2 bacon slices.
- Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 6 servings