Whiskey Cream Pie
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 pound graham crackers, finely crushed
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup runny honey
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whiskey
- 3 tablespoons peeled, sliced almonds
- In a medium-size heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat; remove from heat,
then add maple syrup and crumbs. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Press mixture into
a 10-inch glass flan dish, making sure you press well into the corners and the crust
is evenly dispersed.
- Set in the freezer compartment for a few minutes while making the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream until stiff.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the beaters.
- Separate the white of the egg from the yolk and place the white in
a small bowl.
- Whisk the white until soft peaks form and you can tip the bowl upside
down without the white falling out.
- Stir whiskey and honey into the cream with a metal spoon.
- Fold in the egg white and pour the mixture over the chilled graham
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for
a few minutes, turning to brown them. When they are cool, sprinkle them over the
pie and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.