- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup molasses
- Sift the flour and all spices and salt and baking soda.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until very soft.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, then mix in the molasses.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and parchment lined 8-inch square cake pan and
place in a preheated 325 degrees F oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve with whipped heavy cream, double cream or