Amigdalota (Greek Almond Macaroons)
- 1 pound ground almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted bread crumbs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rose water
- Confectioners' sugar
- Beat egg whites with salt until stiff, then add lemon juice. Add almonds, sugar
and crumbs to egg whites, folding them in gradually. Add vanilla extract.
- Cut a brown paper bag to fit a cookie sheet and grease the paper. Drop teaspoon-size
macaroons onto paper and bake at 275 degrees F for about 20 minutes, checking after
15 minutes so that Amigdalota don't burn.
- Brush cookies with rose water when they come out of the oven. Loosen them from
paper by moistening the paper slightly and lifting off macaroons. Sift confectioners'
sugar over them and let cool.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.