This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Apple Rum Baklava
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 2 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pound phyllo dough
- 1 pound butter, clarified, melted
- 1 cup honey
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- Trim 8 sheets phyllo dough to fit 10 x 15-inch baking pan. Keep unused phyllo
covered with damp cloth. Arrange in baking pan, brushing each sheet generously with
melted butter. Spread half the apple mixture over phyllo dough. Arrange 6 buttered
sheets phyllo dough over apple mixture. Spread with remaining apple mixture. Top
with 8 buttered sheets phyllo dough. Cut into squares. Bake at 350 degrees F for
40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat honey in small saucepan. Drizzle over hot baklava.
Yields 12 servings.
May substitute 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons lemon rind for rum.
Approx Per Serving: Cal 606; Prot 4.3 g; Carbo 49.6 g; T Fat 46.2 g; Chol
82.8 mg; Potas 277.0 mg; Sod 294.0 mg. Nutritional information does not include