This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 4 cups Turkish dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, toasted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Simmer the apricots with the water, orange juice, honey, cinnamon, lemon rind
and butter. When they are tender, remove from the heat and cool slightly before
chopping into small pieces. Set aside while you prepare the phyllo.
- Lay the phyllo flat and cover with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Mix together the nuts, bread crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Cut the phyllo the size
of an 11 x 7-inch dish and spray the bottom of the pan with nonstick spray. Lay
one sheet of phyllo, spray, lay another sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 the nut mixture.
Lay another sheet of phyllo, spray and lay a final sheet of phyllo.
- Gently spread the apricot mixture evenly across the top, being careful to not
tear the layer below. Top with a sheet of phyllo, spray, lay another sheet, sprinkle
with the remaining nut mixture, lay a sheet of phyllo, spray and lay another sheet
- Cut three long strips and then cut four strips across. Cut these rectangles in
half on the diagonal to form triangles. Spray the top with nonstick spray and bake
for 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle the warmed honey on top and bake another 5-10 minutes.