Athenian Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Minute rice or 1 cup cooked regular rice
- 2 onions, ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 8 green bell peppers
- 6 cups water
- 5 medium potatoes, sliced
- Combine meat, rice, onions, garlic, oil, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 tablespoon
salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, oregano and egg.
- Wash green peppers; cut and remove seeds.
Fill peppers with meat mixture; place open side down in circle in roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients except potatoes; pour over peppers. Place potatoes
in center of pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.