Baklava is one of the most famous Greek pastries.
- 2 pounds phyllo
- 2 pounds walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 slices lemon
- Baklava: Mix together chopped nuts, cinnamon and sugar. Grease an 18-inch baking
pan and line with 6 layers of phyllo. Cover with thin layer of nut mixture, then top with 1 layer of phyllo. Repeat until all nut mixture is used. Top with 6 layers of phyllo. Cut into diamond-shaped pieces. Place a clove bud in each diamond shape. Pour melted butter over all.
- Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 300 degrees F until brown, then reduce to 250 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and pour cool syrup over all.
- Syrup: Boil for 25 minutes and let cool. Pour COOL syrup over HOT Baklava!
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.