Beef with Thyme and Oregano Butter
- 1kg (2 pound) piece rump steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns
Thyme and Oregano Butter
- 100g (4 ounces) soft butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Beef: Cut steak into 6 pieces. Brush each steak with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper
to taste. Barbecue, pan-fry or grill steaks until cooked as desired. Serve with
slices of thyme and oregano butter.
- Thyme and Oregano Butter: Beat all ingredients in small bowl with electric mixer
or wooden spoon until well combined. Spoon mixture onto a sheet of grease-proof
paper in a rough log shape. Fold one side of the paper over roll, then, with a ruler,
push against the butter so that the mixture forms a smooth log. Roll the butter
in the grease-proof paper, refrigerate.
Thyme and Oregano Butter can be made a day ahead.
Storage: Covered in refrigerator; Microwave: Not suitable; Freeze: Butter suitable.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.