This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chicken with Olives and Feta Cheese
- 2 pounds chicken thighs with skin and bones
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2) ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives or other brine cured black olives, pitted, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium
high heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer
chicken to plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add onion
to drippings in skillet.
- Sauté over medium heat 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1
minute. Add tomatoes with juices, olives, wine and oregano.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat
to medium low, cover and simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
Makes 6 servings.