Chicken with Rice (Kottopoula Me Pilafi)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 pounds chicken parts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat and add chicken. Brown on all
sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and tomato and sauté until onion turns translucent. Stir in oregano
and lemon juice.
- Add rice and stir well to combine and coat all grains of rice.
- Add chicken stock, stir and return chicken to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat
and simmer, uncovered, until all surface liquid has been absorbed.
- Cover, turn heat to very low and cook 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to keep
rice from burning or sticking.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes