Garides me Feta
(Shrimp with Feta Cheese)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy skillet, sauté onion in butter and oil until soft. Add wine, tomatoes,
garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Bring to boil, lower heat to medium, and simmer
until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add shrimp to hot sauce and cook for 5 minutes or until
shrimp are just tender. Do not overcook. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately
in large bowls with crusty French bread. Pass the rice!
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.