Greek Beef over Zucchini
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 small cans tomato sauce
- 10 to 12 medium zucchini
- Slice zucchini lengthwise. Brown in oil and drain. Put onto a large platter.
- Brown onion until clear.
- Add meat, then brown.
- Add tomato sauce and spices and simmer
until done. Add water if needed. Pour this over zucchini and serve. Sprinkle on
just a bit of cinnamon and grate Romano cheese over the top.
- This may be served over spaghetti instead of zucchini.