Greek Butter Cookies
- 1 cup sliced brown almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound sweet butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Soften butter at room temperature until very soft. Beat well with an electric
mixer. Add sugar and beat until fluffy and light colored. Add egg yolks and beat
- Sift flour and baking powder and mix into butter mixture. Add nuts.
Sprinkle dough lightly with whiskey and knead thoroughly. Roll out dough and make
into desired shape.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- After the cookies have cooled, sprinkle liberally with confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 3 to 3 1/2 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes