Greek Chicken with Artichokes
(Kottopoulo me Anginares)
- 4 large chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 (14 ounce) can small artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- Remove bones and skin from chicken breast halves. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet
until hot. Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on both sides, about 15 minutes;
drain fat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic. Add water and bouillon.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add artichoke hearts.
Cover and simmer until chicken is done and artichoke hearts are hot, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and artichoke hearts to warm platter with slotted spoon; keep
warm. Beat lemon juice, cornstarch and egg in small bowl until smooth, using fork.
Add enough water to pan juices to measure 1 cup. Beat into egg mixture, using fork.
Return mixture to skillet. Heat to boiling over medium heat; boil and stir 1 minute.
Pour sauce over chicken and artichokes. Sprinkle with minced parsley if desired.
Yields 4 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.